Video: King of All Contents
by Tom Bross
The numbers are crazy. Video marketing continues to grow at alarming rates. We’ll get to the numbers in a moment… but have you ever wondered why video is so effective? In essence, video combines two things that capture our attention like nothing else: motion and sound. Our brains are programed to retain visual content better than a page full of words.
Are you ready for Video Marketing?On average, a viewer remembers 95% of a message when it’s watched, and only 10% when read.
Only video has the ability to encompass all other types of content. A video can include photos, text, music, emojis, photographs and links. No other medium has this ability. This is why video is king.
Our innate preference for video content is dramatically changing the Internet.
By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic – 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
Customer Testimonials – which is more compelling?
This block of text with five yellow stars you have to read, or this video you can watch and see what a real person has to say?
Videos are the best form of content marketing.
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text. (Wordstream)
- 79% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (Wordstream)
- 53% of consumers engage with a brand after viewing a video on social media. When it comes to Millennials, this figure increases, with 66% engaging with brand after watching a video in their social media feed.
- 75% of Instagram users have taken an action, such as visiting a website or adding them to their feed after viewing a brand’s content on the platform. (Facebook)
- 84% of consumers have bought something after watching a video. (Wyzowl)
- 91% of consumers have watched an explainer video. (Wyzowl)
- Users spend 88% more time on websites that have video. (Cisco)
- Video generates 1200% more shares than images and text. (Facebook) You’ve never heard of a text going viral, right?